ICD-10-CM Code M10.2
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code M10.2 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the ten child codes of M10.2 that describes the diagnosis 'drug-induced gout' in more detail.
- M10.2 Drug-induced gout NON-BILLABLE
- M10.20 Drug-induced NON-BILLABLE
- M10.21 Drug-induced NON-BILLABLE
- M10.22 Drug-induced NON-BILLABLE
- M10.23 Drug-induced NON-BILLABLE
- M10.24 Drug-induced NON-BILLABLE
- M10.25 Drug-induced NON-BILLABLE
- M10.26 Drug-induced NON-BILLABLE
- M10.27 Drug-induced NON-BILLABLE
- M10.271 Drug-induced gout, right ankle and foot NON-BILLABLE
- M10.272 Drug-induced gout, left ankle and foot NON-BILLABLE
- M10.279 Drug-induced gout, unspecified ankle and foot NON-BILLABLE
- M10.28 Drug-induced NON-BILLABLE
- M10.29 Drug-induced NON-BILLABLE
The ICD code M10 is used to code Simple Gout
gout (also known as podagra when it involves the big toe) is a medical condition which has recurrent attacks of acute inflammatory arthritis - a red, tender, hot, swollen joint. the base of the big toe is the most commonly affected (approximately 50% of cases). however, it may also present as tophi (hard lumps in the skin), kidney stones, or kidney failure. it is caused by elevated levels of uric acid in the blood. the uric acid crystallizes, and the crystals build up in joints, tendons, and surrounding tissues.
|MeSH Codes:||D006073, D006073, D006073, D006073|
|ICD 9 Codes:||274.00, 274.1, 274.8, 274.9|
The Gout (James Gillray, 1799) depicts the pain of the artist's podagra as a demon or dragon.
Coding Notes for M10.2 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Additional Code Note:
Use Additional CodeUse Additional Code note means a second code must be used in conjunction with this code. Codes with this note are Etiology codes and must be followed by a Manifestation code or codes.
- Code for adverse effect, if applicable, to identify drug See Section T36-T50 with fifth or sixth character 5)
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'M10.2 - Drug-induced gout'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code M10.2. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.