ICD-10-CM Code M23.50
Chronic instability of knee, unspecified knee
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
M23.50 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of chronic instability of knee, unspecified knee. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
- DRG Group #564-566 - Other musculoskeletal system and connective tissue diagnoses with MCC.
- DRG Group #564-566 - Other musculoskeletal system and connective tissue diagnoses with CC.
- DRG Group #564-566 - Other musculoskeletal system and connective tissue diagnoses without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Knee joint - mediolateral instability (finding)
- Old complete tear anterior cruciate ligament (disorder)
- Old lateral collateral ligament disruption (disorder)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Consider laterality specification
Equivalent ICD-9 Codes GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code M23.50 and a single ICD9 code, 718.86 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.