ICD-10-CM Code M25.476
Effusion, unspecified foot
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
M25.476 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of effusion, unspecified foot. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code M254 is used to code Joint effusion
A joint effusion is the presence of increased intra-articular fluid. It may affect any joint. Commonly it involves the knee.
|ICD 9 Code:||719.0|
A traumatic right knee effusion. Note the swelling lateral to the kneecap as marked by the arrow.
- DRG Group #564-566 - Other musculoskeletal system and connective tissue diagnoses with MCC.
- DRG Group #564-566 - Other musculoskeletal system and connective tissue diagnoses with CC.
- DRG Group #564-566 - Other musculoskeletal system and connective tissue diagnoses without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Foot joint effusion (disorder)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Consider laterality specification
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code M25.476 and a single ICD9 code, 719.07 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.