ICD-10-CM Code M25.5
Pain in joint
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code M25.5 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the seven child codes of M25.5 that describes the diagnosis 'pain in joint' in more detail.
- M25.5 Pain in joint NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE M25.50 Pain in joint
- M25.51 Pain in NON-BILLABLE
- M25.52 Pain in NON-BILLABLE
- M25.53 Pain in NON-BILLABLE
- M25.55 Pain in NON-BILLABLE
- M25.56 Pain in NON-BILLABLE
- M25.57 Pain in NON-BILLABLE
The ICD code M255 is used to code Arthralgia
Arthralgia (from Greek arthro-, joint + -algos, pain) literally means joint pain; it is a symptom of injury, infection, illnesses (in particular arthritis) or an allergic reaction to medication.
|ICD 9 Code:||719.4|
Coding Notes for M25.5 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Type-2 Excludes:
Type-2 ExcludesType-2 Excludes means the excluded conditions are different, although they may appear similar. A patient may have both conditions, but one does not include the other. Excludes 2 means "not coded here."
- Pain in hand - instead, use code M79.64-
- Pain in fingers - instead, use code M79.64-
- Pain in foot - instead, use code M79.67-
- Pain in limb - instead, use code M79.6-
- Pain in toes - instead, use code M79.67-
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Fifth character required to further specify the site
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'M25.5 - Pain in joint'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code M25.5. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.