ICD-10-CM Code M46.27
Osteomyelitis of vertebra, lumbosacral region
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
M46.27 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of osteomyelitis of vertebra, lumbosacral region. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code M46 is used to code Spondyloarthropathy
Spondyloarthropathy or spondyloarthrosis refers to any joint disease of the vertebral column. As such, it is a class or category of diseases rather than a single, specific entity. It differs from spondylopathy, which is a disease of the vertebra itself. However, many conditions involve both spondylopathy and spondyloarthropathy.
|MeSH Codes:||, , , , ,|
|ICD 9 Codes:||720.721722723724, 720, 721, 722, 723, 724|
- DRG Group #456-458 - Spinal fus except cerv with spinal curv or malig or infec or 9+ fus with MCC.
- DRG Group #456-458 - Spinal fus except cerv with spinal curv or malig or infec or 9+ fus with CC.
- DRG Group #456-458 - Spinal fus except cerv with spinal curv or malig or infec or 9+ fus without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #539-541 - Osteomyelitis with MCC.
- DRG Group #539-541 - Osteomyelitis with CC.
- DRG Group #539-541 - Osteomyelitis without CC or MCC.
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'M46.27 - Osteomyelitis of vertebra, lumbosacral region'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code M46.27. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code M46.27 and a single ICD9 code, 730.28 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.