ICD-10-CM Code M53.2
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code M53.2 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the one child codes of M53.2 that describes the diagnosis 'spinal instabilities' in more detail.
- M53.2 Spinal instabilities NON-BILLABLE
- M53.2X Spinal instabilities NON-BILLABLE
- M53.2X1 Spinal instabilities, occipito-atlanto-axial region BILLABLE
- M53.2X2 Spinal instabilities, cervical region BILLABLE
- M53.2X3 Spinal instabilities, cervicothoracic region BILLABLE
- M53.2X4 Spinal instabilities, thoracic region BILLABLE
- M53.2X5 Spinal instabilities, thoracolumbar region BILLABLE
- M53.2X6 Spinal instabilities, lumbar region BILLABLE
- M53.2X7 Spinal instabilities, lumbosacral region BILLABLE
- M53.2X8 Spinal instabilities, sacral and sacrococcygeal region BILLABLE
- M53.2X9 Spinal instabilities, site unspecified BILLABLE
The ICD code M53 is used to code Spondyloarthropathy
Spondyloarthropathy or spondyloarthrosis refers to any joint disease of the vertebral column. As such, it is a class or category of diseases rather than a single, specific entity. It differs from spondylopathy, which is a disease of the vertebra itself. However, many conditions involve both spondylopathy and spondyloarthropathy.
|ICD 9 Code:||720.721722723724|