ICD-10-CM Code M60.0
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code M60.0 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the ten child codes of M60.0 that describes the diagnosis 'infective myositis' in more detail.
- M60.0 Infective myositis NON-BILLABLE
- M60.00 Infective NON-BILLABLE
- M60.000 Infective myositis, unspecified right arm BILLABLE
- M60.001 Infective myositis, unspecified left arm BILLABLE
- M60.002 Infective myositis, unspecified arm BILLABLE
- M60.003 Infective myositis, unspecified right leg BILLABLE
- M60.004 Infective myositis, unspecified left leg BILLABLE
- M60.005 Infective myositis, unspecified leg BILLABLE
- M60.009 Infective myositis, unspecified site BILLABLE
- M60.01 Infective NON-BILLABLE
- M60.02 Infective NON-BILLABLE
- M60.03 Infective NON-BILLABLE
- M60.04 Infective NON-BILLABLE
- M60.041 Infective myositis, right hand BILLABLE
- M60.042 Infective myositis, left hand BILLABLE
- M60.043 Infective myositis, unspecified hand BILLABLE
- M60.044 Infective myositis, right finger(s) BILLABLE
- M60.045 Infective myositis, left finger(s) BILLABLE
- M60.046 Infective myositis, unspecified finger(s) BILLABLE
- M60.05 Infective NON-BILLABLE
- M60.06 Infective NON-BILLABLE
- M60.07 Infective NON-BILLABLE
- M60.070 Infective myositis, right ankle BILLABLE
- M60.071 Infective myositis, left ankle BILLABLE
- M60.072 Infective myositis, unspecified ankle BILLABLE
- M60.073 Infective myositis, right foot BILLABLE
- M60.074 Infective myositis, left foot BILLABLE
- M60.075 Infective myositis, unspecified foot BILLABLE
- M60.076 Infective myositis, right toe(s) BILLABLE
- M60.077 Infective myositis, left toe(s) BILLABLE
- M60.078 Infective myositis, unspecified toe(s) BILLABLE
- BILLABLE M60.08 Infective
- BILLABLE M60.09 Infective
The ICD code M600 is used to code Pyomyositis
Pyomyositis, also known as tropical pyomyositis or myositis tropicans, is a bacterial infection of the skeletal muscles which results in a pus-filled abscess. Pyomyositis is most common in tropical areas but can also occur in temperate zones.
|MeSH Codes:||D052880, D052880|
|ICD 9 Codes:||408.1, 728.0|
Transverse T2 magnetic resonance imaging section through the hip region showing abscess collection in a patient with pyomyositis.
Coding Notes for M60.0 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Tropical pyomyositis
Additional Code Note:
Use Additional CodeUse Additional Code note means a second code must be used in conjunction with this code. Codes with this note are Etiology codes and must be followed by a Manifestation code or codes.
- Code See Section B95-B97 to identify infectious agent
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'M60.0 - Infective myositis'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code M60.0. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.