ICD-10-CM Code M62.0
Separation of muscle (nontraumatic)
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code M62.0 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the nine child codes of M62.0 that describes the diagnosis 'separation of muscle (nontraumatic)' in more detail.
- M62.0 Separation of muscle (nontraumatic) NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE M62.00 Separation of muscle
- M62.01 Separation of muscle NON-BILLABLE
- M62.02 Separation of muscle NON-BILLABLE
- M62.03 Separation of muscle NON-BILLABLE
- M62.04 Separation of muscle NON-BILLABLE
- M62.05 Separation of muscle NON-BILLABLE
- M62.06 Separation of muscle NON-BILLABLE
- M62.07 Separation of muscle NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE M62.08 Separation of muscle
The ICD code M620 is used to code Diastasis recti
Diastasis recti (also known as abdominal separation) is commonly defined as a gap of roughly 2.7 cm or greater between the two sides of the rectus abdominis muscle. This condition has no associated morbidity or mortality.
|ICD 9 Code:||728.84|
Diastasis recti in an infant
Coding Notes for M62.0 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Diastasis of muscle
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Diastasis recti complicating pregnancy, labor and delivery - instead, use code O71.8
- Traumatic separation of muscle- see strain of muscle by body region
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'M62.0 - Separation of muscle (nontraumatic)'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code M62.0. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.