ICD-10-CM Code M62.4
Contracture of muscle
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code M62.4 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the ten child codes of M62.4 that describes the diagnosis 'contracture of muscle' in more detail.
- M62.4 Contracture of muscle NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE M62.40 Contracture of
- M62.41 Contracture of NON-BILLABLE
- M62.42 Contracture of NON-BILLABLE
- M62.43 Contracture of NON-BILLABLE
- M62.44 Contracture of NON-BILLABLE
- M62.45 Contracture of NON-BILLABLE
- M62.46 Contracture of NON-BILLABLE
- M62.47 Contracture of NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE M62.48 Contracture of
- BILLABLE M62.49 Contracture of
The ICD code M624 is used to code Contracture
A muscle contracture is a permanent shortening of a muscle or joint. It is usually in response to prolonged hypertonic spasticity in a concentrated muscle area, such as is seen in the tightest muscles of people with conditions like spastic cerebral palsy.
|MeSH Codes:||D003286, D003286, D003286, D003286|
|ICD 9 Codes:||718.4, 727.81, 728.6, 958.6|
Coding Notes for M62.4 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Contracture of tendon (sheath)
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Contracture of joint - instead, use code M24.5-
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'M62.4 - Contracture of muscle'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code M62.4. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.