ICD-10-CM Code M71.4
Calcium deposit in bursa
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code M71.4 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the nine child codes of M71.4 that describes the diagnosis 'calcium deposit in bursa' in more detail.
- M71.4 Calcium deposit in bursa NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE M71.40 Calcium deposit in
- M71.42 Calcium deposit in NON-BILLABLE
- M71.43 Calcium deposit in NON-BILLABLE
- M71.44 Calcium deposit in NON-BILLABLE
- M71.45 Calcium deposit in NON-BILLABLE
- M71.46 Calcium deposit in NON-BILLABLE
- M71.47 Calcium deposit in NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE M71.48 Calcium deposit in
- BILLABLE M71.49 Calcium deposit in
The ICD code M714 is used to code Synovial osteochondromatosis
Synovial osteochondromatosis (SOC) (synonyms include synovial chondromatosis, primary synovial chondromatosis, synovial chondrometaplasia) is a rare disease that creates a benign change or proliferation in the synovium or joint-lining tissue, which changes to form bone-forming cartilage. In most occurrences, there is only one joint affected, either the knee, the hip, or the elbow. Rarely involves the TMJ.
|ICD 9 Code:||727.82|
Coding Notes for M71.4 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Type-2 Excludes:
Type-2 ExcludesType-2 Excludes means the excluded conditions are different, although they may appear similar. A patient may have both conditions, but one does not include the other. Excludes 2 means "not coded here."
- Calcium deposit in bursa of shoulder - instead, use code M75.3
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'M71.4 - Calcium deposit in bursa'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code M71.4. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.