ICD-10-CM Code M71.8
Other specified bursopathies
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code M71.8 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the ten child codes of M71.8 that describes the diagnosis 'other specified bursopathies' in more detail.
- M71.8 Other specified bursopathies NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE M71.80 Other specified
- M71.81 Other specified NON-BILLABLE
- M71.82 Other specified NON-BILLABLE
- M71.83 Other specified NON-BILLABLE
- M71.84 Other specified NON-BILLABLE
- M71.85 Other specified NON-BILLABLE
- M71.86 Other specified NON-BILLABLE
- M71.87 Other specified NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE M71.88 Other specified
- BILLABLE M71.89 Other specified
The ICD code M71 is used to code Bursitis
Bursitis is the inflammation of one or more bursae (small sacs) of synovial fluid in the body. They are lined with a synovial membrane that secretes a lubricating synovial fluid. There are more than 150 bursae in the human body. The bursae rest at the points where internal functionaries, such as muscles and tendons, slide across bone. Healthy bursae create a smooth, almost frictionless functional gliding surface making normal movement painless. When bursitis occurs, however, movement relying on the inflamed bursa becomes difficult and painful. Moreover, movement of tendons and muscles over the inflamed bursa aggravates its inflammation, perpetuating the problem. Muscle can also be stiffened.
|ICD 9 Code:||727.3|
Example of elbow bursitis
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'M71.8 - Other specified bursopathies'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code M71.8. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.