ICD-10-CM Code M77.30
Calcaneal spur, unspecified foot
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
M77.30 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of calcaneal spur, unspecified foot. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code M773 is used to code Calcaneal spur
A calcaneal spur (or heel spur) is a small osteophyte (bone spur) located on the calcaneus (heel bone). Calcaneal spurs are typically detected by a radiological examination (X-ray).
|ICD 9 Code:||726.73|
An X-ray showing an inferior calcaneal spur.
- DRG Group #564-566 - Other musculoskeletal system and connective tissue diagnoses with MCC.
- DRG Group #564-566 - Other musculoskeletal system and connective tissue diagnoses with CC.
- DRG Group #564-566 - Other musculoskeletal system and connective tissue diagnoses without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Calcaneal spur (disorder)
- Postcalcaneal bursitis (disorder)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Consider laterality specification
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code M77.30 and a single ICD9 code, 726.73 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.