ICD-10-CM Code M79.5
Residual foreign body in soft tissue
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
M79.5 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of residual foreign body in soft tissue. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code M79 is used to code Soft tissue disorder
Coding Notes for M79.5 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Foreign body granuloma of skin and subcutaneous tissue - instead, use code L92.3
- Foreign body granuloma of soft tissue - instead, use code M60.2-
- DRG Group #564-566 - Other musculoskeletal system and connective tissue diagnoses with MCC.
- DRG Group #564-566 - Other musculoskeletal system and connective tissue diagnoses with CC.
- DRG Group #564-566 - Other musculoskeletal system and connective tissue diagnoses without CC or MCC.
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'M79.5 - Residual foreign body in soft tissue'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code M79.5. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official exact match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that in all cases where the ICD9 code 729.6 was previously used, M79.5 is the appropriate modern ICD10 code.