ICD-10-CM Code M79.6
Pain in limb, hand, foot, fingers and toes
| ICD-10 from 2011 - 2016
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code M79.6 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the seven child codes of M79.6 that describes the diagnosis 'pain in limb, hand, foot, fingers and toes' in more detail.
- M79.6 Pain in limb, hand, foot, fingers and toes NON-BILLABLE
- M79.60 Pain in limb, NON-BILLABLE
- M79.62 Pain in NON-BILLABLE
- M79.63 Pain in NON-BILLABLE
- M79.64 Pain in fingers NON-BILLABLE
- M79.65 Pain in NON-BILLABLE
- M79.66 Pain in NON-BILLABLE
- M79.67 Pain in and toes NON-BILLABLE
The ICD code M79 is used to code Soft tissue disorder
Coding Notes for M79.6 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Type-2 Excludes:
Type-2 ExcludesType-2 Excludes means the excluded conditions are different, although they may appear similar. A patient may have both conditions, but one does not include the other. Excludes 2 means "not coded here."
- Pain in joint - instead, use code M25.5-