ICD-10-CM Code M79.A
Nontraumatic compartment syndrome
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code M79.A is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the four child codes of M79.A that describes the diagnosis 'nontraumatic compartment syndrome' in more detail.
- M79.A Nontraumatic compartment syndrome NON-BILLABLE
- M79.A1 Nontraumatic compartment syndrome NON-BILLABLE
- M79.A2 Nontraumatic compartment syndrome NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE M79.A3 Nontraumatic compartment syndrome
- BILLABLE M79.A9 Nontraumatic compartment syndrome
The ICD code M79 is used to code Soft tissue disorder
Coding Notes for M79.A Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
- , if applicable, associated postprocedural complication
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Compartment syndrome NOS - instead, use code T79.A-
- Fibromyalgia - instead, use code M79.7
- Nontraumatic ischemic infarction of muscle - instead, use code M62.2-
- Traumatic compartment syndrome - instead, use code T79.A-
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'M79.A - Nontraumatic compartment syndrome'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code M79.A. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.