ICD-10-CM Code M86.08
Acute hematogenous osteomyelitis, other sites
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
M86.08 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of acute hematogenous osteomyelitis, other sites. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code M86 is used to code Osteomyelitis
Osteomyelitis[a] (or OM) is infection and inflammation of the bone or bone marrow. It can be usefully subclassified on the basis of the causative organism (pyogenic bacteria or mycobacteria) and the route, duration and anatomic location of the infection.
|Specialty:||Infectious Disease, Orthopedics|
|ICD 9 Code:||730|
Osteomyelitis of the tibia of a young child. Numerous abscesses in the bone show as radiolucency.
- DRG Group #456-458 - Spinal fus except cerv with spinal curv or malig or infec or 9+ fus with MCC.
- DRG Group #456-458 - Spinal fus except cerv with spinal curv or malig or infec or 9+ fus with CC.
- DRG Group #456-458 - Spinal fus except cerv with spinal curv or malig or infec or 9+ fus without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #539-541 - Osteomyelitis with MCC.
- DRG Group #539-541 - Osteomyelitis with CC.
- DRG Group #539-541 - Osteomyelitis without CC or MCC.
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'M86.08 - Acute hematogenous osteomyelitis, other sites'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code M86.08. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code M86.08 and a single ICD9 code, 730.08 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.