ICD-10-CM Code M86.179
Other acute osteomyelitis, unspecified ankle and foot
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
M86.179 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of other acute osteomyelitis, unspecified ankle and foot. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code M86 is used to code Osteomyelitis
Osteomyelitis[a] (or OM) is infection and inflammation of the bone or bone marrow. It can be usefully subclassified on the basis of the causative organism (pyogenic bacteria or mycobacteria) and the route, duration and anatomic location of the infection.
|Specialty:||Infectious Disease, Orthopedics|
|ICD 9 Code:||730|
Osteomyelitis of the tibia of a young child. Numerous abscesses in the bone show as radiolucency.
- DRG Group #539-541 - Osteomyelitis with MCC.
- DRG Group #539-541 - Osteomyelitis with CC.
- DRG Group #539-541 - Osteomyelitis without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Foot - acute osteomyelitis (disorder)
- Acute osteomyelitis of the ankle and/or foot (disorder)
- Acute osteomyelitis of ankle (disorder)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Consider additional code to identify specific condition or disease
- Consider laterality specification
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code M86.179 and a single ICD9 code, 730.07 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.