ICD-10-CM Code M95
Other acquired deformities of musculoskeletal system and connective tissue
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code M95 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the eight child codes of M95 that describes the diagnosis 'oth acquired deformities of ms sys and connective tissue' in more detail.
- M95 Other acquired deformities of musculoskeletal system and connective tissue NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE M95.0 of
- M95.1 NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE M95.2 Other acquired of
- BILLABLE M95.3 of
- BILLABLE M95.4 of and
- BILLABLE M95.5 of
- BILLABLE M95.8 Other acquired deformities of musculoskeletal system
- BILLABLE M95.9 of musculoskeletal
Coding Notes for M95 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Type-2 Excludes:
Type-2 ExcludesType-2 Excludes means the excluded conditions are different, although they may appear similar. A patient may have both conditions, but one does not include the other. Excludes 2 means "not coded here."
- Acquired absence of limbs and organs - instead, use Section Z89-Z90
- Acquired deformities of limbs - instead, use Section M20-M21
- Congenital malformations and deformations of the musculoskeletal system - instead, use Section Q65-Q79
- Deforming dorsopathies - instead, use Section M40-M43
- Dentofacial anomalies [including malocclusion] - instead, use code M26.-
- Postprocedural musculoskeletal disorders - instead, use code M96.-
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'M95 - Other acquired deformities of musculoskeletal system and connective tissue'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code M95. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.