ICD-10-CM Code N05
Unspecified nephritic syndrome
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code N05 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the ten child codes of N05 that describes the diagnosis 'unspecified nephritic syndrome' in more detail.
- N05 Unspecified nephritic syndrome NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE N05.0 Unspecified nephritic syndrome
- BILLABLE N05.1 Unspecified nephritic syndrome
- BILLABLE N05.2 Unspecified nephritic syndrome
- BILLABLE N05.3 Unspecified nephritic syndrome
- BILLABLE N05.4 Unspecified nephritic syndrome
- BILLABLE N05.5 Unspecified nephritic syndrome
- BILLABLE N05.6 Unspecified nephritic syndrome
- BILLABLE N05.7 Unspecified nephritic syndrome
- BILLABLE N05.8 Unspecified nephritic syndrome
- BILLABLE N05.9 Unspecified nephritic syndrome
The ICD code N05 is used to code Kidney disease
Kidney disease, also known as nephropathy or renal disease, is damage to or disease of a kidney. Nephritis is inflammatory kidney disease. Nephrosis is noninflammatory nephropathy. Kidney disease usually causes kidney failure (renal failure) to more or less degree, with the amount depending on the type of disease. In precise usage, disease denotes the structural and etiologic disease entity whereas failure denotes the dysfunction (lack of working well, that is, impaired renal function); but in common usage these meanings overlap; for example, the terms chronic kidney disease and chronic renal failure are usually considered synonymous. Acute kidney disease has often been called acute renal failure, although nephrologists now often tend to call it acute kidney injury.
|MeSH Codes:||D007674, , , , , , , , , , ,|
|ICD 9 Codes:||, 580, 581, 582, 583, 584, 585, 586, 587, 588, 589, 580|
Coding Notes for N05 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Includes Notes:
IncludesIncludes notes further define, or give examples of, conditions included in the section.
- Glomerular disease NOS
- Glomerulonephritis NOS
- Nephritis NOS
- Nephropathy NOS and renal disease NOS with morphological lesion specified in .0-.8
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Nephropathy NOS with no stated morphological lesion - instead, use code N28.9
- Renal disease NOS with no stated morphological lesion - instead, use code N28.9
- Tubulo-interstitial nephritis NOS - instead, use Code N12
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'N05 - Unspecified nephritic syndrome'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code N05. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.