ICD-10-CM Code N05.8
Unspecified nephritic syndrome with other morphologic changes
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
N05.8 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of unspecified nephritic syndrome with other morphologic changes. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code N058 is used to code Thin basement membrane disease
Thin basement membrane disease (TBMD, also known as benign familial hematuria and thin basement membrane nephropathy) is, along with IgA nephropathy, the most common cause of asymptomatic hematuria. The only abnormal finding in this disease is a thinning of the basement membrane of the glomeruli in the kidneys. Its importance lies in the fact that it has a benign prognosis, with patients maintaining a normal kidney function throughout their lives.
Coding Notes for N05.8 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Unspecified nephritic syndrome with proliferative glomerulonephritis NOS
- DRG Group #698-700 - Other kidney and urinary tract diagnoses with MCC.
- DRG Group #698-700 - Other kidney and urinary tract diagnoses with CC.
- DRG Group #698-700 - Other kidney and urinary tract diagnoses without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Necrotizing glomerulonephritis (disorder)
- Light chain nephropathy due to plasma cell dyscrasia (disorder)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Possible requirement for an external cause code
- Possible requirement for additional code to fully describe disease or condition
- Consider additional code to identify specific condition or disease
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'N05.8 - Unspecified nephritic syndrome with other morphologic changes'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code N05.8. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code N05.8 and a single ICD9 code, 583.89 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.