ICD-10-CM Code N11.0
Nonobstructive reflux-associated chronic pyelonephritis
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
N11.0 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of nonobstructive reflux-associated chronic pyelonephritis. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code N110 is used to code Reflux nephropathy
Reflux nephropathy is kidney damage (nephropathy) due to urine flowing backward (reflux) from the bladder toward the kidneys; the latter is called vesicoureteral reflux (VUR). Longstanding VUR can result in small and scarred kidneys during the first five years of life in affected children. The end results of reflux nephropathy can include high blood pressure, excessive protein loss in the urine, and eventually kidney failure.
|ICD 9 Code:
Coding Notes for N11.0 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Pyelonephritis (chronic) associated with (vesicoureteral) reflux
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Vesicoureteral reflux NOS - instead, use code N13.70
- DRG Group #689-690 - Kidney and urinary tract infections with MCC.
- DRG Group #689-690 - Kidney and urinary tract infections without MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Familial non-obstructive reflux-associated chronic pyelonephritis (disorder)
- Unilateral reflux nephropathy due to vesicoureteral reflux (disorder)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Possible requirement for additional code to fully describe disease or condition
- Possible requirement for causative agent code
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'N11.0 - Nonobstructive reflux-associated chronic pyelonephritis'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code N11.0. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Codes GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code N11.0 and a single ICD9 code, 590.01 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.