ICD-10-CM Code N13
Obstructive and reflux uropathy
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code N13 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the nine child codes of N13 that describes the diagnosis 'obstructive and reflux uropathy' in more detail.
- N13 Obstructive and reflux uropathy NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE N13.1
- BILLABLE N13.2 and
- N13.3 and NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE N13.4
- BILLABLE N13.5 and
- BILLABLE N13.6
- N13.7 NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE N13.8 and reflux uropathy
- BILLABLE N13.9 Obstructive and reflux
The ICD code N13 is used to code Obstructive uropathy
Obstructive uropathy is a structural or functional hindrance of normal urine flow, sometimes leading to renal dysfunction (obstructive nephropathy).
|ICD 9 Codes:||599.60,|
Coding Notes for N13 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Type-2 Excludes:
Type-2 ExcludesType-2 Excludes means the excluded conditions are different, although they may appear similar. A patient may have both conditions, but one does not include the other. Excludes 2 means "not coded here."
- Calculus of kidney and ureter without hydronephrosis - instead, use code N20.-
- Congenital obstructive defects of renal pelvis and ureter (Q62.0-Q62.3) - instead, use code Q62.0-
- Hydronephrosis with ureteropelvic junction obstruction - instead, use code Q62.1
- Obstructive pyelonephritis - instead, use code N11.1
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'N13 - Obstructive and reflux uropathy'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code N13. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.