ICD-10-CM Code N13.8
Other obstructive and reflux uropathy
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
N13.8 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of other obstructive and reflux uropathy. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code N138 is used to code Reflux nephropathy
Reflux nephropathy is kidney damage (nephropathy) due to urine flowing backward (reflux) from the bladder toward the kidneys; the latter is called vesicoureteral reflux (VUR). Longstanding VUR can result in small and scarred kidneys during the first five years of life in affected children. The end results of reflux nephropathy can include high blood pressure, excessive protein loss in the urine, and eventually kidney failure.
|ICD 9 Code:||593.73|
Coding Notes for N13.8 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Urinary tract obstruction due to specified cause
- , if applicable, any causal condition, such as:
- Enlarged prostate See code N40.1
- DRG Group #691-694 - Urinary stones with esw lithotripsy with CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #691-694 - Urinary stones with esw lithotripsy without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #691-694 - Urinary stones without esw lithotripsy with MCC.
- DRG Group #691-694 - Urinary stones without esw lithotripsy without MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Benign prostatic hypertrophy with outflow obstruction (disorder)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Possible requirement for additional code to fully describe disease or condition
- Consider additional code to identify specific condition or disease
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'N13.8 - Other obstructive and reflux uropathy'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code N13.8. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code N13.8 and a single ICD9 code, 593.4 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.