ICD-10-CM Code N14
Drug- and heavy-metal-induced tubulo-interstitial and tubular conditions
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code N14 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the five child codes of N14 that describes the diagnosis 'drug- & heavy-metal-induced tubulo-interstitial & tublr cond' in more detail.
- N14 Drug- and heavy-metal-induced tubulo-interstitial and tubular conditions NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE N14.0 Analgesic nephropathy
- BILLABLE N14.1 Nephropathy induced by other drugs, medicaments and biological substances
- BILLABLE N14.2 Nephropathy induced by unspecified drug, medicament or biological substance
- BILLABLE N14.3 Nephropathy induced by heavy metals
- BILLABLE N14.4 Toxic nephropathy, not elsewhere classified
The ICD code N14 is used to code Tubulopathy
Tubulopathy is a disease affecting the renal tubules of the nephron.
Coding Notes for N14 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
- Poisoning due to drug or toxin, if applicable See Section T36-T65 with fifth or sixth character 1-4 or 6)
Additional Code Note:
Use Additional CodeUse Additional Code note means a second code must be used in conjunction with this code. Codes with this note are Etiology codes and must be followed by a Manifestation code or codes.
- Code for adverse effect, if applicable, to identify drug See Section T36-T50 with fifth or sixth character 5)
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'N14 - Drug- and heavy-metal-induced tubulo-interstitial and tubular conditions'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code N14. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.