ICD-10-CM Code N17.8
Other acute kidney failure
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
N17.8 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of other acute kidney failure. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code N17 is used to code Renal failure
Renal failure, also known as kidney failure or renal insufficiency, is a medical condition in which the kidneys fail to adequately filter waste products from the blood. The two main forms are acute kidney injury, which is often reversible with adequate treatment, and chronic kidney disease, which is often not reversible. In both cases, there is usually an underlying cause.
|ICD 9 Codes:||584, 585|
A hemodialysis machine, used to replace the function of the kidneys in renal failure
- DRG Group #673-675 - Other kidney and urinary tract procedures with MCC.
- DRG Group #673-675 - Other kidney and urinary tract procedures with CC.
- DRG Group #673-675 - Other kidney and urinary tract procedures without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #682-684 - Renal failure with MCC.
- DRG Group #682-684 - Renal failure with CC.
- DRG Group #682-684 - Renal failure without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #793 - Full term neonate with major problems.
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Consider additional code to identify specific condition or disease
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'N17.8 - Other acute kidney failure'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code N17.8. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official exact match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that in all cases where the ICD9 code 584.8 was previously used, N17.8 is the appropriate modern ICD10 code.