ICD-10-CM Code N21
Calculus of lower urinary tract
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code N21 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the four child codes of N21 that describes the diagnosis 'calculus of lower urinary tract' in more detail.
- N21 Calculus of lower urinary tract NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE N21.0 Calculus in bladder
- BILLABLE N21.1 Calculus in urethra
- BILLABLE N21.8 Other lower urinary tract calculus
- BILLABLE N21.9 Calculus of lower urinary tract, unspecified
Coding Notes for N21 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Includes Notes:
IncludesIncludes notes further define, or give examples of, conditions included in the section.
- Calculus of lower urinary tract with cystitis and urethritis
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'N21 - Calculus of lower urinary tract'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code N21. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.