ICD-10-CM Code N23
Unspecified renal colic
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
N23 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of unspecified renal colic. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code N23 is used to code Renal colic
Renal colic is a type of abdominal pain commonly caused by kidney stones.
|ICD 9 Code:||788.0|
Localization of pain caused by kidney stones
- DRG Group #691-694 - Urinary stones with esw lithotripsy with CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #691-694 - Urinary stones with esw lithotripsy without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #691-694 - Urinary stones without esw lithotripsy with MCC.
- DRG Group #691-694 - Urinary stones without esw lithotripsy without MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Renal pain (finding)
- Complaining of ureteric colic (finding)
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'N23 - Unspecified renal colic'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code N23. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official exact match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that in all cases where the ICD9 code 788.0 was previously used, N23 is the appropriate modern ICD10 code.