ICD-10-CM Code N26
Unspecified contracted kidney
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code N26 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the three child codes of N26 that describes the diagnosis 'unspecified contracted kidney' in more detail.
- N26 Unspecified contracted kidney NON-BILLABLE
The ICD code N26 is used to code Glomerulosclerosis
Glomerulosclerosis refers to a hardening of the glomerulus in the kidney. It is a general term to describe scarring of the kidneys' tiny blood vessels, the glomeruli, the functional units in the kidney that filter urine from the blood.
Coding Notes for N26 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Contracted kidney due to hypertension - instead, use code I12.-
- Diffuse sclerosing glomerulonephritis (N05.8.-) - instead, use code N05.8
- Hypertensive nephrosclerosis (arteriolar) (arteriosclerotic) - instead, use code I12.-
- Small kidney of unknown cause - instead, use code N27.-
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Atrophy of kidney (disorder)
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'N26 - Unspecified contracted kidney'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code N26. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.