ICD-10-CM Code N31.9
Neuromuscular dysfunction of bladder, unspecified
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
N31.9 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of neuromuscular dysfunction of bladder, unspecified. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code N319 is used to code Neurogenic bladder dysfunction
Neurogenic bladder dysfunction, sometimes simply referred to as neurogenic bladder, is a dysfunction of the urinary bladder due to disease of the central nervous system or peripheral nerves involved in the control of micturition (urination). Neurogenic bladder usually causes difficulty or full inability to pass urine without use of a catheter or other method.
|ICD 9 Code:||596.54|
Coding Notes for N31.9 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Neurogenic bladder dysfunction NOS
- DRG Group #698-700 - Other kidney and urinary tract diagnoses with MCC.
- DRG Group #698-700 - Other kidney and urinary tract diagnoses with CC.
- DRG Group #698-700 - Other kidney and urinary tract diagnoses without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Neurogenic bladder as late effect of poliomyelitis (disorder)
- Paraplegia with neurogenic bladder (disorder)
- Neurogenic bladder due to quadriplegia (disorder)
- Neurogenic bladder as late effect of cerebrovascular accident (disorder)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Consider additional code to identify specific condition or disease
- Possible requirement for causative disease code
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'N31.9 - Neuromuscular dysfunction of bladder, unspecified'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code N31.9. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Codes GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code N31.9 and a single ICD9 code, 596.59 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.