ICD-10-CM Code N34.1
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
N34.1 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of nonspecific urethritis. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code N341 is used to code Non-gonococcal urethritis
Nongonococcal urethritis (NGU) is an inflammation of the urethra that is not caused by gonorrheal infection.
|ICD 9 Code:||994.597|
Coding Notes for N34.1 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Nongonococcal urethritis
- Nonvenereal urethritis
- DRG Group #727-728 - Inflammation of the male reproductive system with MCC.
- DRG Group #727-728 - Inflammation of the male reproductive system without MCC.
- DRG Group #742-743 - Uterine and adnexa procedure for non-malignancy with CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #742-743 - Uterine and adnexa procedure for non-malignancy without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #757-759 - Infections, female reproductive system with MCC.
- DRG Group #757-759 - Infections, female reproductive system with CC.
- DRG Group #757-759 - Infections, female reproductive system without CC or MCC.
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Possible requirement for causative agent code
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'N34.1 - Nonspecific urethritis'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code N34.1. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Codes GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code N34.1 and a single ICD9 code, 597.80 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.