ICD-10-CM Code N35.0
Post-traumatic urethral stricture
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code N35.0 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the two child codes of N35.0 that describes the diagnosis 'post-traumatic urethral stricture' in more detail.
- N35.0 Post-traumatic urethral stricture NON-BILLABLE
- N35.01 Post-traumatic urethral NON-BILLABLE
- N35.010 Post-traumatic urethral stricture, male, meatal BILLABLE
- N35.011 Post-traumatic bulbous urethral stricture BILLABLE
- N35.012 Post-traumatic membranous urethral stricture BILLABLE
- N35.013 Post-traumatic anterior urethral stricture BILLABLE
- N35.014 Post-traumatic urethral stricture, male, unspecified BILLABLE
- N35.02 Post-traumatic urethral NON-BILLABLE
The ICD code N35 is used to code Urethral stricture
A urethral stricture is a narrowing of the urethra caused by injury, instrumentation, infection and certain non-infectious forms of urethritis.
|ICD 9 Code:||598|
Urethra is tube at center.
Coding Notes for N35.0 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Urethral stricture due to injury
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Postprocedural urethral stricture - instead, use code N99.1-