ICD-10-CM Code N36.0
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
N36.0 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of urethral fistula. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
Coding Notes for N36.0 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Urethroperineal fistula
- Urethrorectal fistula
- Urinary fistula NOS
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Urethroscrotal fistula - instead, use code N50.8
- Urethrovaginal fistula - instead, use code N82.1
- Urethrovesicovaginal fistula - instead, use code N82.1
- DRG Group #698-700 - Other kidney and urinary tract diagnoses with MCC.
- DRG Group #698-700 - Other kidney and urinary tract diagnoses with CC.
- DRG Group #698-700 - Other kidney and urinary tract diagnoses without CC or MCC.
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'N36.0 - Urethral fistula'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code N36.0. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official exact match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that in all cases where the ICD9 code 599.1 was previously used, N36.0 is the appropriate modern ICD10 code.