ICD-10-CM Code N39
Other disorders of urinary system
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code N39 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the five child codes of N39 that describes the diagnosis 'other disorders of urinary system' in more detail.
- N39 Other disorders of urinary system NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE N39.0
- BILLABLE N39.3
- N39.4 Other urinary NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE N39.8 Other disorders of urinary system
- BILLABLE N39.9 of urinary
Coding Notes for N39 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Type-2 Excludes:
Type-2 ExcludesType-2 Excludes means the excluded conditions are different, although they may appear similar. A patient may have both conditions, but one does not include the other. Excludes 2 means "not coded here."
- Hematuria NOS - instead, use code R31.-
- Recurrent or persistent hematuria - instead, use code N02.-
- Recurrent or persistent hematuria with specified morphological lesion - instead, use code N02.-
- Proteinuria NOS - instead, use code R80.-
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'N39 - Other disorders of urinary system'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code N39. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.