ICD-10-CM Code N39.3
Stress incontinence (female) (male)
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
N39.3 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of stress incontinence (female) (male). A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code N393 is used to code Stress incontinence
Stress incontinence, also known as stress urinary incontinence (SUI) or effort incontinence is a form of urinary incontinence. It is due to insufficient strength of the closure of the bladder.
|ICD 9 Code:||625.678832|
Coding Notes for N39.3 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Also Note:
Code AlsoA Code Also note indicates that two or more codes may be required to fully describe a condition, but the order of codes is at the coder's discretion. Code order depends on the severity of the conditions and the reason for the encounter.
- Any associated overactive bladder See code N32.81
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Mixed incontinence - instead, use code N39.46
- DRG Group #695-696 - Kidney and urinary tract signs and symptoms with MCC.
- DRG Group #695-696 - Kidney and urinary tract signs and symptoms without MCC.
- DRG Group #742-743 - Uterine and adnexa procedure for non-malignancy with CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #742-743 - Uterine and adnexa procedure for non-malignancy without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #760-761 - Menstrual and other female reproductive system disorders with CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #760-761 - Menstrual and other female reproductive system disorders without CC or MCC.
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Consider additional code to identify specific condition or disease
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'N39.3 - Stress incontinence (female) (male)'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code N39.3. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Codes GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code N39.3 and a single ICD9 code, 788.32 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.