ICD-10-CM Code N46.0
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code N46.0 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the two child codes of N46.0 that describes the diagnosis 'azoospermia' in more detail.
- N46.0 Azoospermia NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE N46.01
- N46.02 Azoospermia NON-BILLABLE
- N46.021 Azoospermia due to drug therapy BILLABLE
- N46.022 Azoospermia due to infection BILLABLE
- N46.023 Azoospermia due to obstruction of efferent ducts BILLABLE
- N46.024 Azoospermia due to radiation BILLABLE
- N46.025 Azoospermia due to systemic disease BILLABLE
- N46.029 Azoospermia due to other extratesticular causes BILLABLE
The ICD code N46 is used to code Oligospermia
Oligozoospermia, refers to semen with a low concentration of sperm and is a common finding in male infertility. Often semen with a decreased sperm concentration may also show significant abnormalities in sperm morphology and motility (technically "oligoasthenoteratozoospermia"). There has been interest in replacing the descriptive terms used in semen analysis with more quantitative information.
|MeSH Codes:||, D007248, D007246,|
|ICD 9 Codes:||606.1, 606, 606.628, 606.0|
Coding Notes for N46.0 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Absolute male infertility
- Male infertility due to germinal (cell) aplasia
- Male infertility due to spermatogenic arrest (complete)
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'N46.0 - Azoospermia'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code N46.0. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.