ICD-10-CM Code N48.1
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
Male OnlyCode is only used for male patients.
N48.1 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of balanitis. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code N481 is used to code Balanoposthitis
Coding Notes for N48.1 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Additional Code Note:
Use Additional CodeUse Additional Code note means a second code must be used in conjunction with this code. Codes with this note are Etiology codes and must be followed by a Manifestation code or codes.
- Code See Section B95-B97, to identify infectious agent
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Amebic balanitis - instead, use code A06.8
- Balanitis xerotica obliterans - instead, use code N48.0
- Candidal balanitis - instead, use code B37.42
- Gonococcal balanitis - instead, use code A54.23
- Herpesviral [herpes simplex] balanitis - instead, use code A60.01
- DRG Group #727-728 - Inflammation of the male reproductive system with MCC.
- DRG Group #727-728 - Inflammation of the male reproductive system without MCC.
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Possible requirement for causative agent code
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'N48.1 - Balanitis'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code N48.1. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code N48.1 and a single ICD9 code, 607.1 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.