ICD-10-CM Code N49.2
Inflammatory disorders of scrotum
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
Male OnlyCode is only used for male patients.
N49.2 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of inflammatory disorders of scrotum. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
- DRG Group #727-728 - Inflammation of the male reproductive system with MCC.
- DRG Group #727-728 - Inflammation of the male reproductive system without MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Boil of scrotum (disorder)
- Cellulitis of scrotum (disorder)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Possible requirement for causative agent code
- Consider additional code to identify specific condition or disease
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'N49.2 - Inflammatory disorders of scrotum'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code N49.2. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code N49.2 and a single ICD9 code, 608.4 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.