ICD-10-CM Code N50.8
Other specified disorders of male genital organs
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
Male OnlyCode is only used for male patients.
N50.8 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of other specified disorders of male genital organs. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
Coding Notes for N50.8 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Atrophy of scrotum, seminal vesicle, spermatic cord, tunica vaginalis and vas deferens
- Edema of scrotum, seminal vesicle, spermatic cord, testis, tunica vaginalis and vas deferens
- Hypertrophy of scrotum, seminal vesicle, spermatic cord, testis, tunica vaginalis and vas deferens
- Ulcer of scrotum, seminal vesicle, spermatic cord, testis, tunica vaginalis and vas deferens
- Chylocele, tunica vaginalis (nonfilarial) NOS
- Urethroscrotal fistula
- Stricture of spermatic cord, tunica vaginalis, and vas deferens
- DRG Group #729-730 - Other male reproductive system diagnoses with CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #729-730 - Other male reproductive system diagnoses without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Tender testes (finding)
- Epididymis tender (finding)
- Prostatic pain (finding)
- Atrophy of tunica vaginalis (disorder)
- Male (finding)
- Tenderness of male genitalia (finding)
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'N50.8 - Other specified disorders of male genital organs'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code N50.8. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Codes GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code N50.8 and a single ICD9 code, 608.89 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.