ICD-10-CM Code N62
Hypertrophy of breast
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
N62 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of hypertrophy of breast. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code N62 is used to code Breast disease
Coding Notes for N62 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Hypertrophy of breast NOS
- Massive pubertal hypertrophy of breast
- DRG Group #597-601 - Malignant breast disorders with MCC.
- DRG Group #597-601 - Malignant breast disorders with CC.
- DRG Group #597-601 - Malignant breast disorders without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #597-601 - Non-malignant breast disorders with CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #597-601 - Non-malignant breast disorders without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Human chorionic gonadotrophin-induced gynecomastia (disorder)
- On examination - gynecomastia (disorder)
- Drug-induced gynecomastia (disorder)
- Gynecomastia (disorder)
- Atypical hyperplasia of lactiferous duct (disorder)
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Possible requirement for an external cause code
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'N62 - Hypertrophy of breast'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code N62. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official exact match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that in all cases where the ICD9 code 611.1 was previously used, N62 is the appropriate modern ICD10 code.