ICD-10-CM Code N73.4
Female chronic pelvic peritonitis
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
Female OnlyCode is only used for female patients.
N73.4 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of female chronic pelvic peritonitis. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code N73 is used to code Pelvic inflammatory disease
Pelvic inflammatory disease or pelvic inflammatory disorder (PID) is an infection of the upper part of the female reproductive system namely the uterus, fallopian tubes, and ovaries, and inside of the pelvis. Often there may be no symptoms. Signs and symptoms, when present may include lower abdominal pain, vaginal discharge, fever, burning with urination, pain with sex, or irregular menstruation. Untreated PID can result in long term complications including infertility, ectopic pregnancy, chronic pelvic pain, and cancer.
|MeSH Codes:||D000292, D000292, D000292|
|ICD 9 Codes:||614, 615, 616|
Drawing showing the usual sites of infection in pelvic inflammatory disease
Coding Notes for N73.4 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Tuberculous pelvic (female) peritonitis - instead, use code A18.17
- DRG Group #742-743 - Uterine and adnexa procedure for non-malignancy with CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #742-743 - Uterine and adnexa procedure for non-malignancy without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #757-759 - Infections, female reproductive system with MCC.
- DRG Group #757-759 - Infections, female reproductive system with CC.
- DRG Group #757-759 - Infections, female reproductive system without CC or MCC.
Coding Advice SNOMET-CT
- Possible requirement for causative agent code
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'N73.4 - Female chronic pelvic peritonitis'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code N73.4. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official exact match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that in all cases where the ICD9 code 614.7 was previously used, N73.4 is the appropriate modern ICD10 code.