ICD-10-CM Code N81
Female genital prolapse
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code N81 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the nine child codes of N81 that describes the diagnosis 'female genital prolapse' in more detail.
- N81 Female genital prolapse NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE N81.0
- N81.1 NON-BILLABLE
- BILLABLE N81.2 prolapse
- BILLABLE N81.3 prolapse
- BILLABLE N81.4
- BILLABLE N81.5
- BILLABLE N81.6
- N81.8 genital prolapse NON-BILLABLE
- N81.81 Perineocele BILLABLE
- N81.82 Incompetence or weakening of pubocervical tissue BILLABLE
- N81.83 Incompetence or weakening of rectovaginal tissue BILLABLE
- N81.84 Pelvic muscle wasting BILLABLE
- N81.85 Cervical stump prolapse BILLABLE
- N81.89 Other female genital prolapse BILLABLE
- BILLABLE N81.9 Female genital
The ICD code N81 is used to code Female genital prolapse
Female genital prolapse (or vaginal prolapse or pelvic organ prolapse) is characterized by a portion of the vaginal canal protruding (prolapsing) from the opening of the vagina. The condition usually occurs when the pelvic floor collapses as a result of childbirth or heavy lifting which can tear soft tissues, i.e. herniating fascia membranes so that the vaginal wall collapses, resulting in cystocele, rectocele or both. Remediation typically involves dietary and lifestyle changes, physical therapy, or surgery.
|ICD 9 Code:||618|
Coding Notes for N81 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Genital prolapse complicating pregnancy, labor or delivery - instead, use code O34.5-
- Prolapse and hernia of ovary and fallopian tube - instead, use code N83.4
- Prolapse of vaginal vault after hysterectomy - instead, use code N99.3
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'N81 - Female genital prolapse'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code N81. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.