ICD-10-CM Code N81.2
Incomplete uterovaginal prolapse
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
Female OnlyCode is only used for female patients.
N81.2 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of incomplete uterovaginal prolapse. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code N81 is used to code Female genital prolapse
Female genital prolapse (or vaginal prolapse or pelvic organ prolapse) is characterized by a portion of the vaginal canal protruding (prolapsing) from the opening of the vagina. The condition usually occurs when the pelvic floor collapses as a result of childbirth or heavy lifting which can tear soft tissues, i.e. herniating fascia membranes so that the vaginal wall collapses, resulting in cystocele, rectocele or both. Remediation typically involves dietary and lifestyle changes, physical therapy, or surgery.
|ICD 9 Code:||618|
Coding Notes for N81.2 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- First degree uterine prolapse
- Prolapse of cervix NOS
- Second degree uterine prolapse
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Cervical stump prolaspe - instead, use code N81.85
- DRG Group #742-743 - Uterine and adnexa procedure for non-malignancy with CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #742-743 - Uterine and adnexa procedure for non-malignancy without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #760-761 - Menstrual and other female reproductive system disorders with CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #760-761 - Menstrual and other female reproductive system disorders without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Uterovaginal prolapse, incomplete (disorder)
- Prolapse of uterine cervical stump (disorder)
- Second degree uterine prolapse (disorder)
- First degree uterine prolapse (disorder)
- Uterine prolapse without vaginal wall prolapse (disorder)
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'N81.2 - Incomplete uterovaginal prolapse'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code N81.2. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Codes GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code N81.2 and a single ICD9 code, 618.84 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.