ICD-10-CM Code N82.1
Other female urinary-genital tract fistulae
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
Female OnlyCode is only used for female patients.
N82.1 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of other female urinary-genital tract fistulae. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code N82 is used to code Obstetric fistula
Obstetric fistula (or vaginal fistula) is a medical condition in which a fistula (hole) develops between either the rectum and vagina (see rectovaginal fistula) or between the bladder and vagina (see vesicovaginal fistula) after severe or failed childbirth, when adequate medical care is not available. The United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) defines obstetric fistula as,
|ICD 9 Code:||619|
Areas where obstetric fistulae commonly occur
Coding Notes for N82.1 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Cervicovesical fistula
- Ureterovaginal fistula
- Urethrovaginal fistula
- Uteroureteric fistula
- Uterovesical fistula
- DRG Group #742-743 - Uterine and adnexa procedure for non-malignancy with CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #742-743 - Uterine and adnexa procedure for non-malignancy without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #760-761 - Menstrual and other female reproductive system disorders with CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #760-761 - Menstrual and other female reproductive system disorders without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Vesicocervicovaginal fistula (disorder)
- Urethrovesicovaginal fistula (disorder)
- Ureterovaginal fistula (disorder)
- Uteroureteric fistula (disorder)
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'N82.1 - Other female urinary-genital tract fistulae'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code N82.1. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code N82.1 and a single ICD9 code, 619.0 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.