ICD-10-CM Code N83.1
Corpus luteum cyst
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
Female OnlyCode is only used for female patients.
N83.1 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of corpus luteum cyst. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code N831 is used to code Ovarian cyst
An ovarian cyst is any fluid-filled sac within the ovary. Often they cause no symptoms. Occasionally they may produce bloating, lower abdominal pain, or lower back pain. If the cyst either breaks open or causes twisting of the ovary severe pain may occur. This may result in vomiting or feeling faint. The majority of cysts are, however, harmless.
|MeSH Codes:||D010048, D010048, D010048|
|ICD 9 Codes:||620.0, 620.1, 620.2|
A simple ovarian cyst of probably follicular origin
Coding Notes for N83.1 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Hemorrhagic corpus luteum cyst
- DRG Group #742-743 - Uterine and adnexa procedure for non-malignancy with CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #742-743 - Uterine and adnexa procedure for non-malignancy without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #760-761 - Menstrual and other female reproductive system disorders with CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #760-761 - Menstrual and other female reproductive system disorders without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Rupture of corpus luteum cyst (disorder)
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'N83.1 - Corpus luteum cyst'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code N83.1. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official exact match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that in all cases where the ICD9 code 620.1 was previously used, N83.1 is the appropriate modern ICD10 code.