ICD-10-CM Code N83.6
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
Female OnlyCode is only used for female patients.
N83.6 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of hematosalpinx. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code N836 is used to code Hematosalpinx
Hematosalpinx (sometimes also hemosalpinx) is a medical condition involving bleeding into the fallopian tubes.
|ICD 9 Code:
Laparoscopic view, looking from superiorly to inferiorly in the peritoneal cavity which has been pumped up with carbon dioxide gas to visualize the uterus (marked by blue arrows). On the left Fallopian tube there is an ectopic pregnancy and hematosalpinx (marked by red arrows). The right tube is normal.
Coding Notes for N83.6 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Hematosalpinx (with) (in):
- Hematocolpos - instead, use code N89.7
- Hematometra - instead, use code N85.7
- Tubal pregnancy - instead, use code O00.1
- DRG Group #742-743 - Uterine and adnexa procedure for non-malignancy with CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #742-743 - Uterine and adnexa procedure for non-malignancy without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #760-761 - Menstrual and other female reproductive system disorders with CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #760-761 - Menstrual and other female reproductive system disorders without CC or MCC.
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'N83.6 - Hematosalpinx'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code N83.6. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code N83.6 and a single ICD9 code, 620.8 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.