ICD-10-CM Code N86
Erosion and ectropion of cervix uteri
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
Female OnlyCode is only used for female patients.
N86 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of erosion and ectropion of cervix uteri. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code N86 is used to code Cervical ectropion
Cervical ectropion (or cervical eversion) is a condition in which the central (endocervical) columnar epithelium protrudes out through the external os of the cervix and onto the vaginal portion of the cervix, undergoes squamous metaplasia, and transforms to stratified squamous epithelium. Although not an abnormality, it is indistinguishable from early cervical cancer; therefore, further diagnostic studies (e.g., Pap smear, biopsy) must be performed for a differential diagnosis.
Coding Notes for N86 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Decubitus (trophic) ulcer of cervix
- Eversion of cervix
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Erosion and ectropion of cervix with cervicitis - instead, use Code N72
- DRG Group #742-743 - Uterine and adnexa procedure for non-malignancy with CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #742-743 - Uterine and adnexa procedure for non-malignancy without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #760-761 - Menstrual and other female reproductive system disorders with CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #760-761 - Menstrual and other female reproductive system disorders without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Decubitus ulcer of cervix (finding)
- Trophic ulcer of uterine cervix (finding)
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'N86 - Erosion and ectropion of cervix uteri'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code N86. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official exact match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that in all cases where the ICD9 code 622.0 was previously used, N86 is the appropriate modern ICD10 code.