ICD-10-CM Code N88.2
Stricture and stenosis of cervix uteri
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
Female OnlyCode is only used for female patients.
N88.2 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of stricture and stenosis of cervix uteri. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code N882 is used to code Stenosis of uterine cervix
Cervical stenosis means that the opening in the cervix (the endocervical canal) is more narrow than is typical. In some cases, the endocervical canal may be completely closed. A stenosis is any passage in the body that is more narrow than it should typically be.
Coding Notes for N88.2 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Stricture and stenosis of cervix uteri complicating labor - instead, use code O65.5
- DRG Group #742-743 - Uterine and adnexa procedure for non-malignancy with CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #742-743 - Uterine and adnexa procedure for non-malignancy without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #760-761 - Menstrual and other female reproductive system disorders with CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #760-761 - Menstrual and other female reproductive system disorders without CC or MCC.
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'N88.2 - Stricture and stenosis of cervix uteri'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code N88.2. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official exact match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that in all cases where the ICD9 code 622.4 was previously used, N88.2 is the appropriate modern ICD10 code.