ICD-10-CM Code N88.8
Other specified noninflammatory disorders of cervix uteri
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
Female OnlyCode is only used for female patients.
N88.8 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of other specified noninflammatory disorders of cervix uteri. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code N888 is used to code Nabothian cyst
A nabothian cyst (or nabothian follicle) is a mucus-filled cyst on the surface of the cervix. They are most often caused when stratified squamous epithelium of the ectocervix (toward the vagina) grows over the simple columnar epithelium of the endocervix (toward the uterus). This tissue growth can block the cervical crypts (subdermal pockets usually 2–10 mm in diameter), trapping cervical mucus inside the crypts.
|Specialty:||Obstetrics And Gynaecology|
|ICD 9 Code:||616.0|
Coding Notes for N88.8 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Current obstetric trauma - instead, use code O71.3
- DRG Group #742-743 - Uterine and adnexa procedure for non-malignancy with CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #742-743 - Uterine and adnexa procedure for non-malignancy without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #760-761 - Menstrual and other female reproductive system disorders with CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #760-761 - Menstrual and other female reproductive system disorders without CC or MCC.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Cervicitis with Nabothian cyst (disorder)
- Hematoma of cervix (disorder)
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'N88.8 - Other specified noninflammatory disorders of cervix uteri'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code N88.8. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Code GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official exact match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that in all cases where the ICD9 code 622.8 was previously used, N88.8 is the appropriate modern ICD10 code.