ICD-10-CM Code N89
Other noninflammatory disorders of vagina
Non-Billable CodeNon-Billable means the code is not sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis. Use a child code to capture more detail.
ICD Code N89 is a non-billable code. To code a diagnosis of this type, you must use one of the nine child codes of N89 that describes the diagnosis 'other noninflammatory disorders of vagina' in more detail.
- N89 Other noninflammatory disorders of vagina NON-BILLABLE
Coding Notes for N89 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Abnormal results from vaginal cytologic examination without histologic confirmation - instead, use code R87.62-
- Carcinoma in situ of vagina - instead, use code D07.2
- HGSIL of vagina - instead, use code R87.623
- Inflammation of vagina - instead, use code N76.-
- Senile (atrophic) vaginitis - instead, use code N95.2
- Severe dysplasia of vagina - instead, use code D07.2
- Trichomonal leukorrhea - instead, use code A59.00
- Vaginal intraepithelial neoplasia [VAIN], grade III - instead, use code D07.2
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'N89 - Other noninflammatory disorders of vagina'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code N89. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.