ICD-10-CM Code N89.8
Other specified noninflammatory disorders of vagina
Billable CodeBillable codes are sufficient justification for admission to an acute care hospital when used a principal diagnosis.
Female OnlyCode is only used for female patients.
N89.8 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of other specified noninflammatory disorders of vagina. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.
The ICD code N898 is used to code Leukorrhea
Leukorrhea or (leucorrhoea British English) is a thick, whitish or yellowish vaginal discharge. There are many causes of leukorrhea, the usual one being estrogen imbalance. The amount of discharge may increase due to vaginal infection or STDs, and also it may disappear and reappear from time to time, this discharge can keep occurring for years in which case it becomes more yellow and foul-smelling; it is usually a non-pathological symptom secondary to inflammatory conditions of vagina or cervix.
|ICD 9 Code:||623.5|
Coding Notes for N89.8 Info for medical coders on how to properly use this ICD-10 code
Inclusion TermsInclusion Terms are a list of concepts for which a specific code is used. The list of Inclusion Terms is useful for determining the correct code in some cases, but the list is not necessarily exhaustive.
- Leukorrhea NOS
- Old vaginal laceration
- Pessary ulcer of vagina
Code Type-1 Excludes:
Type-1 ExcludesType-1 Excludes mean the conditions excluded are mutually exclusive and should never be coded together. Excludes 1 means "do not code here."
- Current obstetric trauma (O70.-, O71.4, O71.7-O71.8) - instead, use code O70.-
- Old laceration involving muscles of pelvic floor - instead, use code N81.8
- DRG Group #742-743 - Uterine and adnexa procedure for non-malignancy with CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #742-743 - Uterine and adnexa procedure for non-malignancy without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #760-761 - Menstrual and other female reproductive system disorders with CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #760-761 - Menstrual and other female reproductive system disorders without CC or MCC.
- DRG Group #795 - Normal newborn.
Related Concepts SNOMET-CT
- Caruncle of vagina (disorder)
- Mucocolpos (disorder)
- White vaginal discharge (finding)
- Yellow vaginal discharge (finding)
ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index References for 'N89.8 - Other specified noninflammatory disorders of vagina'
The ICD-10-CM Alphabetical Index links the below-listed medical terms to the ICD code N89.8. Click on any term below to browse the alphabetical index.
Equivalent ICD-9 Codes GENERAL EQUIVALENCE MAPPINGS (GEM)
This is the official approximate match mapping between ICD9 and ICD10, as provided by the General Equivalency mapping crosswalk. This means that while there is no exact mapping between this ICD10 code N89.8 and a single ICD9 code, 623.8 is an approximate match for comparison and conversion purposes.